TikTok has revealed its fifth annual ‘Year on TikTok’ report, which supplies an summary of all of the creators, moments and tendencies that resonated probably the most within the app all through the previous 12 months.
As defined by TikTok:
“In 2022, we lived, we laughed, and we collectively agreed on our love of corn. Our global community entertained and inspired each other, elevating and celebrating self-expression by discovering, creating and sharing content that captured our imaginations.”
TikTok’s 12 months in Evaluation is separated into 9 classes:
- FYFaves – The most well-liked video clips of the 12 months total
- TikTok Taught Me – Which highlights academic classes, life hacks and how-to’s folks have discovered from the TikTok neighborhood
- The Playlist – The most well-liked songs on the app in 2022
- Solely on TikTok – Key TikTok tendencies, powered by inventive results, sounds and different product options
- Breakthrough Stars – The rising creators and celebrities who had massive moments on TikTok this 12 months
- The Hitmakers – The most well-liked artists within the app
- Uncovered Communities – A celebration of subcultures and area of interest communities which are thriving on TikTok
- Eats on Repeat – Key meals and recipe tendencies
- Liked by TikTok – A number of the hottest merchandise and SMBs offered within the app
That gives a spread of angles and elements, which might higher inform your understanding of the app, and the important thing tendencies in numerous niches and components.
So what had been the highest TikTok clips of the 12 months?
The highest performer, with greater than 300 million views, was this clip from chocolatier @amauryguichon of the creation of a chocolate giraffe.
The total checklist of the most well-liked US clips is:
- @amauryguichon – Developing a really massive chocolate giraffe
- @chipmunksoftiktok – Squishy’s again after hibernation!
- @rosalia – You’ll be able to say lots with the way in which you chew gum
- @blondebrunetteredhead – A deadpan tackle “Jiggle Jiggle” by the leads of Riverdale
- @little.blooming.women – “I’m just a baby!”
- @schmoyoho – The beloved Corn Child will get remixed
- @lizzo – Lizzo helps us study the choreo for “About Rattling Time”
- @itsmrfinn – A instructor’s elaborate yearly college musical reveal
- @jimmydarts – Serving to Tom get again on his ft
- @meltandpour – The last word showdown: lava vs. ice
As you possibly can see, there are fairly a number of movie star clips in there, which underlines the rising cultural affect of the app, notably for musicians, who at the moment are increasingly leaning on TikTok for promotion and awareness.
TikTok’s additionally listed the highest 5 hottest clips of the 12 months globally, which is topped by this video from @ox_zung.
The video, at the very least for me, feels considerably much like Kaby Lame’s method, in responding to viral tendencies.
The highest 5 international TikToks of 2022 had been:
- @ox_zung – The Sew knowledgeable shares tips that made us gasp!
- @rosalia – Rosalía exhibits us all how one can slay
- @lav_sings – Wows us together with her #DesiTok singing abilities
- @robertirwin – The Aussie conservationist rescues a child blue-tongued lizard within the outback
- @thammachad – An iconic Thai creator receives an award in all their glory
There’s a spread of insights into TikTok utilization, and what’s fashionable within the app, that may be gleaned from these clips, although the highest tendencies component could present much more perception.
Top tendencies for the US had been:
- Jiggle Jiggle
- It’s Corn!
- One Thing About Me
- That’s Not My Name
- OK I Like it, Picasso
- Core Memories
- Things That Just Make Sense
- Renaissance Eyes
These had been the issues that bought TikTokers collaborating, and sharing their very own variations of the identical tendencies of their clips.
Which is the important thing to TikTok’s viral success. Earlier than TikTok, memes and tendencies had been extra of a passive consumption component, however TikTok has added a participatory side, so that you’re not solely being entertained by different folks’s clips, however the ecosystem additionally invitations you into the method, to share your individual take.
If you wish to study extra about TikTok and the way it works, these are the tendencies that you could pay attention to, and dig into in your individual analysis.
Additionally value noting from a advertising and marketing perspective – the highest merchandise on TikTok this 12 months:
Want TikTok advertising and marketing ideas? Value trying out these promotions, and the associated hashtags, to see how every product has facilitated engagement within the app.
There’s a heap of nice perception right here to supply some beneficial perspective on how TikTok works, what resonates within the app, and what you have to be doing to align with key tendencies and alternatives.
It’s undoubtedly value a glance – you possibly can take a look at TikTok’s full ‘2022 Year on TikTok’ overview right here.