After launching on Pixel phones earlier this year, Android 13 is now headed to Samsung Galaxy units en masse. Right here’s what units have already obtained their replace, and which of them will get it over the approaching months.
What’s new in Android 13 on Samsung units?
Android 13 is a fairly small replace in comparison with Android 12 that got here earlier than it. The place that replace utterly reinvented the platform’s design on Pixel telephones and launched “Material You” theming with particular colours, this 12 months’s replace is far smaller on the entire.
On Samsung smartphones, Android 13 brings a number of system-level adjustments, together with extra colours for Samsung’s model of Materials You, “Color Palette.” Themed icons on the homescreen now help third-party apps, too. There are additionally varied privateness options on the decrease ranges, however the bulk of what’s new on Galaxy smartphones comes from Samsung.
One UI 5.0 is the newest model of Samsung’s pores and skin on high of Android 13, and it brings a handful of latest options. This consists of “Privacy Detection” when sharing images, a brand new Privateness and Safety dashboard much like the one Google built; a brand new lockscreen with extra customizable options; “Maintenence Mode,” which hides person knowledge when a smartphone is distributed in for restore; stackable widgets; and extra. The replace was purported to lastly deliver multi-user help, however Samsung removed it during the beta program.
Android 13 is already accessible on these Samsung units
As of October 2022, Samsung has launched Android 13 for 3 smartphones. On October 24, One UI 5.0 with Android 13 began rolling out to all Galaxy S22 sequence units globally, with some delays on service fashions and a few areas.
This record shall be repeatedly up to date over the approaching months with the newest additions marked in daring textual content. Examine again usually!
Samsung Galaxy S units with Android 13
In October 2022, Samsung up to date three units to Android 13 as the Galaxy S22, S22+, and S22 Ultra saw updates to the newest model of Android and One UI 5.0. The replace was launched globally on October 24, however remains to be increasing to sure regional variants and service fashions.
In November 2022, Samsung expanded the Android 13 replace a lot additional. On November 7, the replace was launched on Galaxy S21 and Galaxy S20 sequence units. The replace began its availability in parts of Europe together with Germany and Switzerland and is predicted to roll out in different areas quickly after. By November 14, the Android 13 replace had expanded to the Galaxy S21 in India, Kazakhstan, and Russia, in addition to some US carriers.
In the meantime, Samsung’s “Fan Edition” units began getting updates to Android 13 on November 21. That features the Galaxy S20 FE in Russia and the Galaxy S21 FE in different areas.
By early December, Samsung had additionally lastly expanded Android 13 to the unlocked Galaxy S21 series in the United States, largely finishing the worldwide rollout. The Galaxy S10 Lite was additionally lately up to date, the one Galaxy S10 machine eligible.
- Galaxy S22 – Out there globally
- Galaxy S22+ – Out there globally
- Galaxy S22 Extremely – Out there globally
- Galaxy S21 – Out there globally
- Galaxy S21+ – Out there globally
- Galaxy S21 Extremely – Out there globally
- Galaxy S21 FE – Out there in choose areas
- Galaxy S20 – Out there in Europe
- Galaxy S20+ – Out there in Europe
- Galaxy S20 Extremely – Out there in Europe
- Galaxy S20 FE – Rolling out now
- Galaxy S10 Lite – Out there first in Spain
Galaxy Foldables with Android 13
Samsung has additionally began rolling out Android 13 to its foldable units as of mid-November, however in a restricted capability. As of November 11, Samsung has launched Android 13 to the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4, however solely to those that had been beforehand beta testing the replace. The finalized replace was launched within the US to unlocked homeowners, however ought to develop to different beta testers in addition to all different homeowners pretty quickly. By November 17, the replace had launched widely to customers that weren’t within the beta program, however nonetheless in a restricted variety of nations. The Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3 are additionally now getting the Android 13 replace globally for individuals who had been within the beta program.
By late November, the Android 13 replace had expanded to Samsung’s 2020 foldables together with the Galaxy Z Fold 2 and each variations of the Galaxy Z Flip. By the tip of the 12 months, the replace was broadly accessible within the US and different areas.
- Galaxy Z Fold 4 – Out there globally
- Galaxy Z Flip 4 – Out there globally
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 – Rolling out now
- Galaxy Z Flip 3 – Rolling out now
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 – Rolling out now
- Galaxy Z Flip – Rolling out now
- Galaxy Z Flip 5G – Rolling out now
Samsung Galaxy Observe units with Android 13
As Samsung strikes away from the Galaxy Observe line, there’s solely a handful of Observe units that may ever see Android 13 formally. In actual fact, it’s actually simply the Galaxy Observe 20 sequence, which began seeing its replace in early November 2022. The Galaxy Observe 20 and Observe 20 Extremely picked up Android 13 in Switzerland first, and has expanded to the United States as of November 15.
The one different machine set to be up to date within the Galaxy Observe lineup is the Galaxy Observe 10 Lite, which picked up its last main replace to Android 13 beginning in France on November 21. By that very same date, the Observe 20 had picked up additional service rollouts in the USA.
- Galaxy Observe 20 – Out there now
- Galaxy Observe 20 Extremely – Out there now
- Galaxy Observe 10 Lite – Out there first in France
Samsung Galaxy A units with Android 13
The Android 13 replace is transferring rapidly, and already accessible on choose Galaxy A sequence units. The Galaxy A53 was first in line on November 9 with the replace launched in Europe and the UK. The Galaxy A33 was subsequent in line on November 10 in Europe, whereas the Galaxy A73 got here just a day later in Malaysia. The Galaxy A52 was additionally up to date on November 17, the primary machine from Samsung’s 2021 mid-range lineup to be up to date. The Galaxy A71, launched in 2020, was first up to date to Android 13 on November 22.
By the point of Christmas, Samsung had expanded the Android 13 replace a lot additional. The Galaxy A03s, as an illustration, noticed its replace arrive first in Serbia months forward of its anticipated debut. The Galaxy A12 Nacho – sure, that’s a factor – was updated in Europe as was the Galaxy A13 5G in the USA (the MediaTek mannequin too). The Galaxy A51 5G was updated in December too, and Samsung additionally launched updates for the Galaxy A32 LTE, Galaxy A42 5G
- Galaxy A53 5G – Out there in Europe and UK
- Galaxy A33 5G – Avaialble in Europe
- Galaxy A73 5G – Out there in Malaysia
- Galaxy A13 5G – Out there within the US
- Galaxy A03s – Out there first in Serbia
- Galaxy A72 – Out there first in Russia
- Galaxy A52 5G – Rolling out now
- Galaxy A52s 5G – Out there now
- Galaxy A32 LTE – Out there in Europe
- Galaxy A12 Nacho – Out there in Europe
- Galaxy A71 – Rolling out now
- Galaxy A51 5G – Rolling out now
Galaxy tablets with Android 13
The very first Android tablets to be up to date to Android 13 grew to become Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S8 sequence on November 14. The replace began rolling out to 5G variations of every pill in a number of nations throughout Europe, however has since expanded to Wi-Fi fashions in different areas. The Galaxy Tab S7 sequence additionally picked up its replace on November 22 in select regions.
In December, Samsung expanded the replace to older units such because the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, in addition to the Galaxy Tab S7 FE and in addition some inexpensive tablets. Most notably, the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite was up to date across the Christmas vacation, with the rugged Galaxy Tab Active 3 having been up to date earlier within the month.
- Galaxy Tab S8 – Rolling out now
- Galaxy Tab S8+ – Rolling out now
- Galaxy Tab S8 Extremely – Rolling out now
- Galaxy Tab S7 – Out there first in Europe, Netherlands
- Galaxy Tab S7+ – Out there first in Europe, Netherlands
- Galaxy Tab S7 FE – Out there first in UK
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (SM-P619) – Rolling out now
- Galaxy Tab Energetic 3 – Out there in Europe
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite – Out there first in China, Taiwan, extra
Different Samsung units with Android 13
Exterior of Samsung’s core product lineups, there are different units getting Android 13 as nicely. That features the rugged XCover 6 Professional, which was up to date on November 14 alongside the Galaxy Tab S8 series. On November 15, Samsung launched the replace for its Galaxy M52 5G and Galaxy M32 5G in choose markets.
The Galaxy M23 5G may be one of many firm’s largest successes, with Samsung bringing Android 13 to the machine over two months ahead of schedule. The Galaxy M13 noticed a similarly early launch. In December, Samsung additionally up to date the Galaxy M12, Galaxy F23, XCover Pro, Galaxy F42 5G, Galaxy M22,
- Galaxy XCover 6 Professional – Out there in Europe
- Galaxy XCover 5 – Out there now
- Galaxy XCover Professional – Out there in US and Canada
- Galaxy M33 – Out there in Europe
- Galaxy M23 5G – Out there in Europe
- Galaxy M13 – Out there in Europe
- Galaxy M12 – Rolling out now
- Galaxy M22 – Out there in Europe
- Galaxy M32 5G – Out there in India
- Galaxy M32 LTE – Rolling out now
- Galaxy M42 5G – Out there in India
- Galaxy M52 5G – Out there in Europe
- Galaxy F23 – Out there in India
- Galaxy F62 – Out there in India
- Galaxy F42 – Out there in India
- Galaxy F42 5G – Out there in India
- Galaxy F22 – Out there in India
- Galaxy Quantum 2 – Out there in Korea
When will my Samsung machine get Android 13?
When will Galaxy units get Android 13? If Samsung’s regular sample holds up, most fashionable and supported flagship units shall be up to date in a matter of weeks, with funds units and different regional exclusives getting the replace all through 2023.
Usually talking, most Samsung smartphones are actually assured main Android updates for no less than three years after their debut, that means there’s a fairly big record of units set to be up to date. You’ll be able to verify the replace coverage on your Samsung smartphone beneath.
In a message despatched to customers in Korea by its Samsung Members app, Samsung has confirmed a preliminary record of units and a roadmap of when it plans to roll out Android 13. The timeline was additionally backed up by messages in Malaysia and India. This timeline will doubtless differ a bit relying in your area and Samsung’s personal tempo, but it surely’s define of what to anticipate.
Samsung Android 13 replace schedule
- Galaxy A13 5G – December 22
- Galaxy A23
- Galaxy A72
- Galaxy A52
- Galaxy A32
- Galaxy A32 5G
- Galaxy M33 5G – November 29
- Galaxy M53 5G
- Galaxy M62
- Galaxy M52 5G
- Galaxy M42 – November 29
- Galaxy M12 – December 23
- Galaxy F42 – November 29
- Galaxy Buddy
- Galaxy Buddy 2
- Galaxy Wide6
- Galaxy Wide5
- Galaxy XCover 5
- Galaxy Tab A8
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite – December 26
- Galaxy Tab Energetic 3 – December 8
- Galaxy A23
- Galaxy A23 5G
- Galaxy A12
- Galaxy A22
- Galaxy A22 5G
- Galaxy Tab Energetic 4 Professional
- Galaxy M13 – December 19
- Galaxy M22
- Galaxy M23 5G – December 15
- Galaxy M32
- Galaxy A03
- Galaxy A03s – December 14
- Galaxy A04s
- Galaxy A13 LTE
Taking a look at Samsung’s replace record from 2022 with Android 12, it’s nearly assured that different units not on this preliminary roadmap shall be added in time, however this offers us a fairly good thought of what to anticipate.
One UI 5.1 – What to know
The principle Android 13 replace heading to Samsung Galaxy smartphones since November 2022 has been based mostly on One UI 5.0. The replace delivered a number of new options, corresponding to themed icons, enhancements to Materials You themeing, new privateness options, and a extra customizable lockscreen.
Nevertheless, in early 2023, Samsung is expected to launch One UI 5.1.
The primary main replace on high of Android 13, One UI 5.1 will doubtless be pretty iterative for Samsung homeowners. Additional lockscreen enhancements are the largest expectation, however exterior of that we’re solely anticipating minor software program tweaks and a number of bug fixes. The replace will doubtless debut on the Galaxy S23 series in February earlier than rolling out to the Galaxy S22 sequence and past.
Extra on Samsung:
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.