With January’s safety patch
One other month, one other step nearer to the second Android 13 Quarterly Platform Launch, in any other case referred to as QPR2, changing into a steady model. The primary month of 2023 has already seen a breakneck tempo to Android-related releases — we simply obtained the January 2023 security bulletin final week, and began this week off with a fresh new set of Play system updates. Now Google’s following that up with the discharge of QPR2 Beta 2 for eligible Pixel telephones.
Simply as with the final launch, this replace is on the market for the Pixel 4a and newer within the type of software program model T2B2.221216.006. As with most beta software program, the brand new construct primarily focuses on offering bug fixes for issues noticed within the earlier beta launch. It additionally contains the January 2023 safety patch that rolled out for steady channel customers some time in the past. Google’s notes for this replace do not embrace any new options, although that does not essentially imply there aren’t adjustments to be discovered on this newest iteration of Android 13’s QPR2 version.
Here is the complete record of adjustments:
- Fastened a difficulty with the System UI that typically brought on the House display screen to develop into unresponsive.
- Fastened a difficulty the place, after switching again to Regular video seize mode from Sluggish Movement mode within the Google Digital camera app, the app continued capturing slow-motion video if the seize velocity was modified between 1/8x and 1/4x whereas in Sluggish Movement mode.
Aside from the aforementioned bug fixes, the replace additionally bumps the Google Play providers model from 22.39.10 to 22.41.13.
Google notes that it is conscious of three bugs associated to the Android Platform already recognized on this present construct. If you happen to aren’t already enrolled within the beta program, contemplate these shortcomings earlier than you replace:
- The record of Latest apps typically turns into unresponsive if the display screen orientation is modified whereas the record is open.
- In some circumstances when getting into and exiting Image-in-picture (PiP) mode from an app after altering the display screen orientation, the system Settings app crashes with a “Settings retains stopping” message after which the system Settings app cannot be opened.
- A difficulty with the System UI can typically trigger it to crash from a null pointer exception.
For the Pixel gadgets already enrolled within the Android 13 beta program, these will mechanically obtain an over-the-air incremental replace to QPR2 Beta 2. You too can obtain the complete OTA or the manufacturing facility picture from the hyperlink under if you wish to manually upgrade to the newest beta launch.
Supply: Android Beta Program on Reddit