Getting again on monitor after the vacations
Google might not have revealed its safety patch at its common date — the primary Monday of the month — as a result of that day being New 12 months’s Day noticed, however the firm is true again on monitor simply a short while after. As such, the corporate has launched the January 2023 safety patch, which is beginning to roll out to the newest Pixel telephones as we converse, together with the Google Pixel 7 Pro and its smaller sibling.
Contemplating we’re only one month out from a full Pixel Characteristic Drop, in the present day’s replace is comparatively minor. Pixel 6 and Pixel 7 collection gadgets lastly acquire assist for spatial audio, whereas a lot of fixes for biometrics, Bluetooth, and extra are included. This is the complete checklist of patch notes shared by Google for in the present day’s software program launch:
- Add assist for Spatial Audio with sure gadgets and equipment *
- Further enhancements for fingerprint recognition and response in sure circumstances *
- Repair for problem often stopping sure Bluetooth Low Power gadgets or equipment from pairing or reconnecting
- Repair for problem stopping audio from taking part in over sure headphones or equipment whereas linked in sure circumstances
- Repair for problem often inflicting captured photographs to look corrupted or distorted whereas zoomed in *
Show & Graphics
- Repair for problem often stopping show from waking or showing turned off whereas gadget is powered on *
- Repair for problem often inflicting UI to show in panorama structure whereas gadget is held in portrait mode
* Included on Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Professional, Pixel 7, Pixel 7 Professional
* Included on Pixel 6a, Pixel 7
* Included on Pixel 7, Pixel 7 Professional
You may get the January 2023 safety patch on any Pixel telephone newer than the Pixel 4, which obtained its last guaranteed update in October 2022. The identical destiny goes to succeed in the Pixel 4a quickly, which is simply assured to obtain updates till August 2023. The Pixel 4a remains to be going sturdy for the primary half of the 12 months, although we’re not sure if it’s going to obtain Android 14.
To put in the replace, merely open your system settings, scroll right down to the System entry and faucet it, and search for the System replace possibility. For those who want to take the quick route and flash the replace, you may get each the factory images and the OTA files over at Google’s web site. Pixel 7 and seven Professional customers on Telstra have a separate obtain hyperlink, so make certain to seize the right file.
For those who really feel extra adventurous than that, you can too join the Android 13 QPR2 Beta program. This gives you entry to the upcoming March Characteristic Drop, although there aren’t too many new options to be noticed simply but.
UPDATE: 2023/01/03 16:24 EST BY WILL SATTELBERG
Added patch notes
This text has been up to date with Google’s patch notes for the January 2023 safety replace.